You must read the disclaimer before downloading.
From the authors:
This is a software that allows to enter words and sentences easily and make them talk. Which is very useful for people with disabilities.
“DonnerLaParole” can be translated in “GiveTheWord” …
There are several key features:
- several input systems help you if you can’t easily access the computer:
- without any clicks, if you do not have enough strength or muscle coordination
- with a selection block mechanism, if you cannot move,
- with just the click of a mouse or a switch,
- with two contactors or 2 buttons if you want to access the buttons at your own pace
- a set of virtual keyboards:
- computer keyboard
- style keyboard phone
- a keyboard for sign language
- keyboard customizable icons
- a set of dictionaries to be able to quickly select words without having to enter all the letters (this is called predictive text input).
- a manager of common sentences, to avoid having to continually enter the same words and similar phrases.
- voice synthesizers, which will deliver the phrases or words typed in:
- the possibility of using voice as Virginia SAPI (Windows only)
- voices natively on Windows, Apple and Linux
- regionalization of the French language
- with the Canadian “accent”
- with the Belgian “accent”
- a composer of iconic sentences
- greater accessibility of the interface for those deprived of movement, particularly in settings
- system ready for monitoring the environment (or home automation) with
- the ability to send messages through serial port
- the ability to run programs on the user’s computer
- the ability to send requests to a server
LicenseCommon Public License 1.0
Installation packages are available for different generations of MS Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.