Daisy Pipeline -OATS Forge
You must read the disclaimer before downloading.
Sorry - there are no downloads for this project yet.
From the authors:
The DAISY Pipeline (formerly DMFC - DAISY Multi Format Converter) project is an open source collaborative software development project hosted by the Daisy Consortium.
Organisations producing and distributing DAISY DTBs are facing an increasing complexity in terms of production and distribution models. This complexity is partly caused by the need to be able to transform content between different formats in a simple and economic manner. Examples of transformation needs include:
- Transformation of documents between different formats. In a production context, a file received from a publisher may be in a format other than that directly used by DAISY. In a distribution context, a DAISY master document may need to be transformed to a specific delivery format (e.g. electronic or printed Braille, E-text, Daisy Text-Only DTB).
- Converting DTBs between different standards. In an archival context, a DTB or a document needs to migrated in order to ensure longevity. In a distribution context, a DTB may need to be converted to a specific version of the DAISY standard in order to be useable on certain reading device.
The long term aim of the DAISY Pipeline project is to build a single point of coordination for DAISY-related document/fileset transformation developers in order to:
- efficiently and economically meet the rapidly increasing needs for conversion and transformation utilities within the DAISY community
- minimize overlap and duplication
- ensure maximum sharing
- enable creation of common, reusable components
- enable efficient interoperability - "chaining" of associated processes.